Thursday, April 14, 2011

Victoria


The original plan was to visit my parents and grandmother here in Victoria for a few days. Jamie had a conference, I'm unemployed, it's perfect timing. I'd go for long walks with the dog and put together a blog post about the quilt scene.

Apparently Beatrice (the dog) had other plans,though. Saturday morning we rushed her to the vet. She had been vomiting since 6 am and since she'd only been home two weeks from having 2 gastro surgeries after a swallowed piece of tennis ball, we were worried. And when it went from just vomit to vomiting blood then blood diarrhea we were even more worried. I spent an agonizing 4 days while Bea was in intensive care at the animal hospital, wracked with a bacterial infection. She's better, or at least on the mend enough to come home now, and playing up every minute of it. I'm adjusting to having 8 alarms on my iPod for her various meds and she's adjusting to a muzzle so she doesn't eat any rotting garbage on walks. Ugh.  So nothing quilty to post, but I do have some fun instagram shots of our trip.



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the poor baby! I'm glad she's recovering! My border collie sends nose kisses to Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete