Tuesday, March 27, 2012

100 patch


We got a little break in the rain so I had to run outside and take some photos of my finished 100 patch.  Look at her in all her orange glory!  I am so happy I went with such a bright, fun colour.  She goes with nothing else in the house... scratch that, she goes with almost nothing else in the house.  I have an orange colander, planter and a bunch of orange clothes.  But that's about it.  So really, she sticks out like a traffic cone.  An awesome traffic cone!!



I'm entering her in Rachel's Festival of Scrappiness over at Stitched in Color and I'm hoping I can sneak in.  See I don't know if she 100% fits the criteria.  The top is supposed to be a minimum 60% scraps, which if you look at this beauty she obviously isn't.  But wait... she kind of is.


When I bought the orange for the background I forgot the important detail of actually doing the math and ended up buying less than I needed.  Thankfully I had orange scraps from a project I made a billion years ago so I was able to piece together enough bits and pieces to yield a slightly smaller than planned quilt.  And the back and binding are scrappy, too.  So that gets me some points, right?


Oh, and I love, love, love the quilting on this one.  Love it so much I would marry it and let it decide which way the tp unrolls!  Yup, that's my version of the iconic Denyse Schmidt scroll.  I had a bugger of a time getting started but once I did it was all good. 

Ok, now back to quilting Katie's quilt!

xox,
c

Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Good luck with your entry....I'd count it! Your quilt is beautiful....and the quilting is spectacular. Did you long arm or machine? How about a little tute for some of less braver souls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, back to work, you slacker!

    I LOVE how this quilt turned out. I remember voting for blue when you posted asking for feedback, but I so love the orange. Good call!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is spectacular! Love the orange and the quilting amazing. I'd like to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange really makes the small squares just POP out. Good choice of color, and the quilting is awesome. I'm jealous that you've had time to quilt.....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous quilt! My favorite of the scrappy festival so far! The orange is just perfect. LOVE IT!
    And I love your quilting - just perfect on this scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! And the quilting is so inspiring! I think I might do a similar "infinity" design on a DWR quilt I'm making...very appropriate, love for infinity. :) Thanks for turning on the lightbulb for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks GREAT! I love the orange, and your quilting design choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! And the quilting looks great. I bet it wasn't nearly as simple to do as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! that is seriously gorgeous! Good luck :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulous quilt, love the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I am crushing on the orange!
    kiki-itssewkiki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is beautiful, but the quilting is just terrific!!! Did you do it in a long arm or a regular sewing machine, because if you did it with a regular one I'm super super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! What a great quilt. The orange looks great. What a fantastic finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks fab, but 900 squares?! Holy cr@p!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! But you see...I love orange! I have orange draperies in my family room...yep...orange makes a statement girl. :) And I can't wait to Katie's quilt when your finished making your magic...both of your girls rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good golly, it's awesome! If only traffic cones were as pretty ;). Totally counts. I haven't seen quilting like that either. VERY nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the orange and the scrappiness, beautiful quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i LOVE it and it has made me want to go back and finish the 100 patch that i gave up on... but its that orange that im desperately smitten with...

    ReplyDelete
  19. again, your quilting is amazeballs! and i love this in orange! it makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete