Tuesday, June 26, 2012

oh, there's been some sewing

It kills me when people say "oh, I'm working on this but I can't show you, it's a secret."  Dude, come on!  Who could be more important than me and my desire to see your stuffs?  Ok, by me, make that all of us in blogyville.  So....


Yo, I'm working on stuff and it's secret.  Unhuh, you know it.

Okay, really.  Two sewey fests, July and August.  People were crazy enough to ask me to join in.  Don't they know half my stuff is held together with spit and dog hair and I've never turned a paper in on time, ever?  So because I can't show or tell for a bit, some sneaky peakies.  The shot above, with all that purple and brown, the scariest colours in the world, is for Sew Festive Handmade's Christmas in July.  My post will be landing on the 9th - and yeah, it's all about the purple and brown and making you love it, too.


And this little chocolate box is a stack of Winterkist from the so awesome it's hard not to swear when mentioning her Monica (via the equally hard not to swear about Katie).  Monica is so cool her guild has a semi-naked guy employed by the guild solely to hold up quilts for show and tell.  I mean, come on!  Anyways, Katie's doing a Winterkist sewey fest in August and I'll be stitching up something for that, too.  Woot!


Finally, something else you can't see all of, mostly because it's too windy to take a photo outside.  I have quilted my Swoon.  Woohoo!  Hopefully this weekend I'll manage to get that magic combo of no rain + no wind + extra hands and take some better pics!

xox,
c

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Gnomas and Swoon! :) I am excited to see your secret projects revealed. I see a hint of my favorite print of all time in the top photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit! I should have called it the Winterkist Sewey Fest! I was thinking I might drive down to Portland for a night to take in one of their guild meetings, maybe September-ish. You should come with.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super looking forward to seeing your projects held together with dog hair. And Katie, you should drive down together to Seattle on Aug.10-12 for the meet up of the VMQG-SMQG-PMQG! You just have to join one of them (ahem, Vancouver please) and you're in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swoon is gorgeous. And I like your secret projects too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot wait to see what you're making xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your swoon looks amazing! can't wait to see it and all of the other treats you are making held together with spit and dog hair! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your secret project... ;)

    Your Swoon quilt looks gorgeous too!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squeal! And yes, do come down for a meeting! Even better, what Krista suggested for P/S/V meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay.. shall you come to my house and just help me pick amazing color combos like you always seem to do!? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through another blog, and I am so glad I did! Your work is stunning! What color is the gray in the bottom quilt? All the colors are fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh :-) Swoony quilting! I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete