Wednesday, January 2, 2013

scrappy strip trip... or something like that


I've jumped on the scrappy trip around the world bandwagon.  I can't quite get the name right, though.  Scrappy strip trip?  Trip around the strip?  Faster Pussycat?


Anyway, it's fun and fast, and it's nice to start the year with a new project.  Especially since I decided to use my scraps (of which I don't have a lot of the long strip variety) and my un-loveds.  Now I guess I could call my own version the ugly quilt, but I'm calling it the non-ugly quilt instead.  Because none of these are most of these aren't ugly.  In fact I wanted all of these fabrics in my life at one point or another.  The just don't work with what I'm feeling now.  So this is perfect.  A fun,easy stash buster to use up the stuff I don't want to look at anymore!  I'm having so much fun with this, I might actually make one after with fabrics I love. 

So... I need to come up with a new sign off for a new year.  All I can think of for now is "beat that babe", the annoying catch phrase my sister and I used to yell at each other after throwing down a particularly awful hand at cards.  I think I need to keep thinking...

beat that babe,
c

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I just joined the Flickr group, but haven't started yet! You are so right! What is the darn thing called anyway! Take A Trip On The Scrap Strip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love how you put things! I am thinking about making one of these, but of course after I do practical things like catch up on my bee blocks and stuff...but also have those fabrics that are ugly now to me but that I still want to use up! Great idea, and yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I love your fabrics. I've just finished a 16 block scrappy trippy worldy quilt - well, the blocks are done. Still working on the sewing together in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Beat that, Babe!" made me giggle. I'd keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just love these quilts! Such a fun and pretty way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the club! I think the scrappy trip thing will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is looking great. I made this same quilt last year with lots of old, uglies and my family loves it! I have always planned on making more maybe should start?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you totally crack me up. now all i can think of are dirty names for that quilt... butter face, the ugly stripper... i can go on!

    ReplyDelete