Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Sally Field Moment

Yesterday the hubs and I went to the big city to do some of the grocery shopping you just can't accomplish in the deep woods.  And while he was in a record store (yup, the kind with vinyl!) I was cribbing wifi from the hotel across the street (thank you Quality Inn Victoria!).  And I noticed in my inbox that I'd won a blogging award!  I'm happy every time I notice that someone other than me has read my blog, so this was huge.  Thank you Staci from the Confused Quilter for the award!  You rock!


Like a lot of the "awards" emails you might get, this one does have a few stipulations.  None of them involve transferring money, handing over bank passwords, or naked photos, so I think we're good.  What do they ask?  Just a bit of fun...

7 things people may not know about me:
  • I'm not a natural redhead.  The curls are real though.
  • In university I only ever wore purple socks.  Now I can't stand the colour, but I'm trying.
  • I make up stupid songs about my pets and sing them to them.
  • I had a huge crush on Axl from G n' R when I was in high school.
  • I hate sci fi.  It makes no sense, defies logic and physics and just generally sucks.   Exceptions include the Alien and Predator franchises and Neal Stephenson, though I don't really think his books are sci fi anyway, but some claim they are.
  • I swear way too much.
  • I'm fluent in French as long as the conversations are about pastries or chocolate.

In order to spread the fun and the pain (that list above was hard to come up with!), I'm passing the award along to the following blogs:

  1. the plaid scottie
  2. i like orange, too
  3. my fabric obsession
  4. bending pins
  5. twelfth zodiac
  6. fiber of all sorts
  7. gemini stitches
  8. eleven quilts
  9. say yes juliet
  10. the girl who quilts
  11. blue elephant stitches
  12. kiss kiss quilt
  13. a quilt is nice
  14. ahhh... quilting
  15. kelby sews
If you're reading my blog, thank you!  I really do appreciate it.  I live out of the bush and don't know anyone here, so it's nice to think I'm reaching someone, somewhere.  Ooh, that was maudlin.

Rock on,
C




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I read, you are not alone. Love all the things you wouldn't know...except I am a huge Sci Fi Geek, but almost no one knows! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well deserved award Chelsea, and thank you so much for mine too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats and thanks for awarding me. that is very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete