Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Work in progress Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

It`s gotten to the point here on the west coast where it`s almost impossible to take a photo.  Noon is just as grey as 4 pm and there`s a constant drizzle outside.  Perfect sewing weather I`ll admit, but not great for the snaps.  But it's Wednesday, so I'm fighting the grey and linking up over at Freshly Pieced.


The 2x wedding ring is progressing.  I`m glad I`m just making this throw sized!  Ten of sixteen rings are sewn and attached.  Pretty good I`d say!


I've started on a couple new things this week.  The first is my trial block for my bee month over at the travelling circles bee.  I fell in love with this block and basically copied it.  Yup, out and out plagiarism, but I don't care, I love it.  And her tutorial is great, it's my favorite way of foundation piecing.


My other new start is a Texas Star following this tutorial on Blue Elephant Stitches.  I'm so happy that Jolene posted this, I love the quilt she made using this block and the block itself is awesome.  I think I'm going to draft this up to a 16" block then attempt a quilt using them.  I'm even going to steal her colour palette!

not seeing much action:
swoon
yellow hexagons
hexie charm quilt
good folks voile crosses

still in need of quilting:
Loulouthi tiles
Single girl
Prince Charming zig zag
postage stamp quit along

xox
c


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Loving all of this! Was planning on plagiarizing the same block so kudos. Hahaa! And had never seen te Texas Star very cool. Loving the colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know about the gray weather ruining my photo ops! I have been trying to put together a tutorial and the light is not cooperating. Your flying geese block and the texas star are simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, all of it!! Funnily enough, I just made the same comment on my blog today about the lack of good picture taking conditions here!! So clearly I'm not the only one struggling (though I do still think your photos are beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I love all of it! The DWR is fantastic (and inspiring me to get moving on my own!). And I love the circle of geese, especially the colors. That Texas star is really cool too, i've never seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i honestly LOVE your dwr! it is heavenly, if you ever decide it needs a new home, please let me know. i also saw jolene's tutorial. i am really excited to try it out! love the colors you picked for the circle of geese. that is also my favorite way to foundation piece. possibly because it is the only kind i have tried... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors on your circle of geese blocks are fantastic. I love the background. I love the purples. Everything is great!

    ReplyDelete