Aka, check it out, I actually got something done!
Yup, the ironing board has been recovered! I basically used these instructions. Which means I read them about a week before I made my cover then tried to remember them as I was sewing because I couldn't find my ipod touch and didn't want to come downstairs to use the computer. So it kind of looks like hers. The only thing I really did differently is I used elastic instead of cording since I had it on hand.
Also in the land of accomplished, I bought my background fabric for my scrappy 100 patch! And it was the hubs who picked it out! He tagged along with me to Spool of Thread and decided that kona orange would be the perfect choice. I don't know if he realized it was a perfect match for his scarf, but I liked it too, so done. Stupidly I didn't buy enough so I'm going to have to order more! oh, well.
Because I'm a procrastinator, can't read deadlines, and because we went away for the weekend, I completely missed the deadline for the Modern Mini Challenge. So I started one last night. A mini lone star. Which might just give me the incentive to make a full sized one someday.